Get your content into shape
What I've done:
I have over 10 years' experience as a proofreader and copy editor. I have worked on publications as diverse as a historical guide to London's cemeteries and a design-led book about Tokyo, as well as regular work on a series of well-being books. In addition to print, I have worked as a freelance sub-editor on children's magazines using InDesign, and can work directly on website pages if needed.
I also work with authors to get their manuscripts finished and submission-ready, from a full structural edit to a final proofread before it is sent out to agents or publishers. I love working collaboratively with authors to tighten up their prose, re-shape the narrative if necessary, offer suggestions on character development. As an author myself I know how painful the editing process can be, so I always give positive, constructive feedback and criticism. It takes a lot to send your work out to someone else - I want you to feel safe, as well as offering advice on how you can improve your writing.
What I can offer you:
- Accurate work, and always to deadlines
- A flexible yet reliable service
- Creative input in the process of seeing a manuscript, website copy or report through from draft to finished product
- My ability to tighten up a sentence and my attention to detail mean I can get your content into better shape
- Whether you are publishing a book, producing a report or need an eagle eye cast over your website, I will ensure your finished product is polished and gets your brand/ company message across effectively.